Easy Mug Size Spice Pumpkin Soup
Happy Friday! Winter months is here and with the colder temperature I tend to crave for a hot bowl of soup. As a mother of 2 children, life is challenging. 😂 Time is key! You want to serve your family a quick yet healthy meal.
Pumpkin is a nutritious vegetables that high in vitamins and minerals. It is one of the most common food intake by Australian families. Pumpkin soup is classic and easy to make. It is so creamy and full of flavour. Kids LOVE it too!
Pumpkin soup normally pair with plain soft or crusty bread but today I’m going to serve the soup with Turkish sandwich. Hence, I half the portion of the soup to a standard mug size (or you can call it kid’s size) since we are having a filling Turkish sandwich.
Again, this recipes are super easy and quick to make! It should take no longer than 20 minutes and there you go a HEARTY meal is ready to serve a family of 2 + 2 !
- 2 cups of fresh pumpkin (cut into small cube)
- 1 small onion finely chopped
- 2 gloves of garlic finely chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup of chicken/vegetables broth OR water is fine too
- 1/2 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1/4 cup fresh cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- chilli flakes (optional)
- Heat up the olive oil in a small pot, saute onion and garlic on low heat until is lightly brown. Place cube pumpkin in the pot and stir it well. Add the broth or water in the pot with high heat and bring it to boil uncovered.
- Reduce the heat and add in cumin and ginger powder and continue simmer until pumpkin is soft and cooked.
- Remove from heat and use a stick blender to blend until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and stir in cream
- Place the soup in a small bowl or mug, sprinkle with pepper and chilli flakes if desired. Serve warm!
Quick notes for Turkish Sandwich
I’m using store bought ready make Turkish Bread, cut it in half and top with baby spinach, shredded carrot, slice red capsicum, pickled beetroot, slice cheddar cheese and ham with sprinkles of pepper. You don’t need any extra sauce or salt!!
I hope you like my recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!