An easy no bake jelly fruits cake! Best dessert to impress your guess
Jelly or Agar Agar cake is a type of light dessert. Agar agar contains no fat or sugar and it taste very light and refreshing. It goes well with fruits and milk. This jelly fruits cake is very easy to make, no mixer, no oven but just a pan with spoon/spatula to stir.
There are many types of jelly fruits cakes with multiple layers ingredients. You can be creative and decide the combination that you like. As with fruits cake, colourful and brightness is a key for eyes catching! Of course the taste is very important as well. The jelly texture need to be right, not too soft or overly hard.
This jelly fruits cake is made of 3 layers. The first layer is using sugar syrup so it is crystal clear that you can see through the fruits, then middle layer is white that made of soy milk jelly follow by bright orange layer at the bottom using tropical juice.
This recipe was originally adapted from hot-thai-kitchen.com. I made a slight changes on a few ingredients. I’m using canned peaches and raspberry, organic soy milk and tropical juice for the 3 layers.
Firstly, prepare the fruits either by chopping them up to the ideal size, you want the fruits size to be consistent if you are using multiple types of fruits. I’m skipping this step as I’m using ready cut canned peach and frozen raspberry. When you prepare the jelly water, make sure you stir constantly until the powder dissolved with no lump. You can use a strainer to pour the liquid to the jelly mold. Place the fruits into the mold and assign it nicely then prepare the second jelly layer while wait for the fruits jelly to set. Repeat similar steps for jelly preparation for second and third layers using below ingredients.
I’m using 2 x 22cm* 3cm cake pan to with this recipe. You can make the jelly in one bigger jelly mold or cake pan.
When you host a lunch/dinner party next time, consider serving this Jelly cake. I’m sure your guests will be WOW and impress with the cake layout!
|Prep Time: 5 minutes||Cooking Time : 30 minutes||Serving: 10|
|Fruits Layer||Soy Milk Layer||Juice layer|
– 2 cups of fruits (I’m using canned Peach and Rapsberry)
-2/3 cup juice from the canned peach
-1 1/3 cups water
-1/4 cup sugar
– 2 tsp agar agar powder
|– 2/3 cup organic soy milk|
– 1/3 cup milk
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 1 1/2 tsp agar agar powder
|– 1 1/3 cup juice|
– 2 tsp agar agar powder
- Prepare the fruits by cutting them up to the right size
- In a small pot, add in juice, water and agar agar powder and stir well. Heat up the pot and continue stirring until boil. Turn off the heat and add in sugar, keep stirring until sugar is dissolved.
- Use a strainer to pour the hot liquid (about 1/3) into the jelly mold. Mine was divided evenly into the 2 cake pans. Then place the fruits evenly into the mold/pan according to your design that you like. Continue with pouring the remaining liquid into the jelly mold
- Now prepare the soy milk ingredients while waiting for the fruits layer to set. Add the soy milk, milk and agar agar powder into a small pot, heat up the pot and stir constantly to prevent lump. When the milk is hot but not boil turn off the heat and add in sugar and stir until it fully dissolved.
- Check fruits jelly by gently touching the surface to see if it is set and dry. Slowly pour the soy milk through a strainer on top of the set jelly.
- Lastly, prepare the third juice layer by adding the juice and agar agar powder in a small pot and heat up. Repeat the same stirring pattern until the juice is boiled and agar agar powder is fully dissolved.
- Check the soy milk and make sure it is set before pouring the juice through a strainer on top of it. This step need to be extra gentle as the soy milk jelly is usually softer than water/juice jelly.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving. You can add more fresh fruits on top when you serve the jelly.
Hope you enjoy this recipe!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!