Cheesy and Tasty Barley balls! What a delicious finger food for your BLW baby and toddler
Sometimes, I prepared foods ahead to stock up for emergency. As some of you might know, I have a 3 years old and a BLW baby who kept my life busy all the times 🙄 Making a meal might not be an option if the tantrums mode switch on!!!So having some ready homemade foods available in your freezer is definitely a life saver! You just need to reheat it in the oven whenever you need…….quick and easy! Oh I love freezer friendly foods!!
This cheesy barley balls is healthy and high in nutrients. It fills with vegetables, cheese and barley without unknowable ingredients. It’s a perfect finger foods to serve as a snack to your child. Barley is relatively high in fibre, it may also reduce the risk of heart disease and lower cholesterol. Barley tends to double in size after cook, you will only need a handful of Barley in this recipe. So to save your time in cooking a small amount of barley, I’m actually making the Barley Honey Water as well so this can be serve together with the meal or drink as you go. Two recipes in one, how good is that! To find the Barley Honey water recipe, click the link here Barley Honey Water.
This recipe can make about a dozen of mini muffin size barley balls. Feel free to double or even triple the portions so you can freeze and save it for later. Place in a few separate bags for each use and label with date. This can be freeze for a good 3 months if it last that long 😁
|Prep Time : 10 minutes||Cooking Time : 1 hours 10 minutes||Serving : 10-12|
|– 1/2 cup of cooked pearl barley|
– 1/4 cup chopped steam broccoli
– 2 button mushrooms (finely chopped)
– 1/3 cup of cheddar cheese
– 1 egg
- Wash barley and cook it for 20-25 minutes or until soft
- Preheat oven to 200c, lay a baking sheet on the tray. If you are using mini muffins tray or similar kind, spray some oil on it
- While waiting for the barley to cook, wash and cut some broccoli florets, steam if for 10 minutes and finely chopped, set a side.
- Finely chop mushrooms
- In a bowl, add cooked barley, broccoli and mushroom. Mix in egg and whisk well. Add cheddar cheese.
- Form the mix ingredients into a ball and place on the baking paper or muffins tray. Sprinkles more cheese on top and bake for 15-20 minutes until slightly brown.
- Let it cool on a cooling rack for 10 minutes before serve!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!