What for dinner tonight? Looking through my pantry to find something to cook on a weekday dinner that are BLW friendly…. Penne!! Penne is perfect finger size pasta to serve my 8 months old baby. I just need to add some vegetables and protein to make a hearty and filling meal to serve my family.
I set aside a small portion of the ingredients for my little munchkin before I add any salt and sauces to this dish. My baby licks his bowl 🤣👇
This recipe is easy to make, it’s similar with Asian stir fry noddles but using pasta. First of all, cut the lamb chop into long strip and marinade it for 30 minutes or until ready to use. Remember to reserve some finger size lamb strip for your baby before marinate the remaining 😉. Wash and chop up the vegetables and boil the Penne. Again, keep some vegetables and pasta for your little one. I usually just steam the vegetables and meat without adding any sauce for him. With meat, top some minced garlic and ginger when steaming.
This dish take around 20 minutes to cook, so it literary a 25 minutes quick meal idea if you are skipping the lamb marinade process! Perfect for a busy night.
|Prep Time : 10 minutes||Cooking Time : 20 minutes||Serving : 4- 6 people|
|– 3 lamb chops|
– 1 bunch of broccoli
– 1 medium size carrot
– fresh leafy vegetables (I’m using wombok
– 1 onion
– 2 gloves of garlic
– 2 tbsp vegetable oil
– extra salt and pepper
– 1 packet of Penne pasta
|Lamb marinade sauce :|
– 2 tbsp Soy sauce
– 1 tbsp Dark soy sauce
– 1 tbsp shaoxing wine (chinese cooking wine)
– 1 tsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp sugar
– 1/4 tsp garlic powder
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1/4 – 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Mix in marinade ingredients in a small bowl, whisk well
- Cut Lamb chop into desired pieces, about finger size. Place the lamb in a bowl and mix in the marinade sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes or until ready to use
- In a pot, boil water and cook the pasta, approx 10 minutes
- Wash and cut up all the vegetables, slice onion and garlic
- Heat up wok and add 2 tbsp vegetable oil, when the oil is hot add in onion and saute for a minute, add in lamb and continue stir fry until fragrance and meats are brown but not fully cooked. Make sure you turn on high heat as this is the magic of stir fry for flavour development.
- Transfer the lamb to a plate, use the same wok with remaining oil from lamb stir fry to fry the vegetables
- Add in garlic and all the vegetables and stir constantly. Cover the wok with a lid and turn the heat to medium for about a minute, then add in salt and pepper
- Turn on high heat, add pasta and lamb in the wok and stir well, cook for another minute
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!