This Asian style steam meatballs with shime ji mushrooms and goji berries is full of nutrients, perfect food to serve your child and family.
This meatballs recipe is great to serve with steam rice or noodles with some stir fry seasonal vegetables. The silken tofu pairing with pork mince make it a perfect match, it changes the texture of meat mince from slightly firm to soft! Try this recipe, this could be your next favourite Asian dish.
|Preparation time : 5 minutes||Cooking time: 20 minutes||Serving: 10 jumbo meatballs|
– 300g pork mince
– 200g silken tofu, finely chopped
– 2 gloves of garlic, finely chopped
– 1/4-1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/4 cup plain flour (for frying)
– 2 tbsp shaoxing wine (chinese cooking wine)
– 150g shime ji mushrooms or mushrooms of any type
– 2 tbsp goji berries
|marinade sauce : |
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp corn flour
– 1 egg
- In a bowl, mix in pork mince, tofu and garlic, add in marinade sauce and mix well. Make 10 jumbo size meatballs, or 15 standard size.
- Heat up oil in a hot work, coat each meatballs with flour while waiting for the oil to heat. Fry meatballs in hot oil, it take approx 2-3 minutes each side depending on the size. Careful not to burn the meatballs, turn the heat to medium low if the oil is too hot.
- Place paper towel on a clean plate, transfer cooked meatballs on the plate. Once all the meatballs are cooked, remove the paper towel. Place mushrooms and sprinkle goji berries on top of the meatballs.
- Evenly pour in shaoxing wine and steam for 10 minutes.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!