BLW and toddlers friendly vegetables pancake! Idea for a quick and simple lunch if you want something savoury
This easy vegetables pancake is one of my recent favourite food to prepare for my boys. This salt free recipe is ideal to serve your little one as it fills with load of vegetables. The ingredients includes broccoli, baby spinach, carrot and mushrooms, I’m sure majority of children were reluctant to eat if you serve it on a dinner table! So, to find a way for them to eat those healthy greens, this pancake is just perfect to make. They will eat it without noticing the hidden good stuffs 😁
I’m using sandwich press to cook the pancake so you can cook both side at the same time. It is so convenient and quick to prepare.
You might also want to check out my mini raspberry pancakes recipe.
|Preparation time: 5 minutes||Cooking time : 15 minutes||Serving : 10|
– 1 cup broccoli, about half of a broccoli
– 1 medium size carrot
– 2 cups baby spinach
– 3 mushrooms (chopped finely)
– 2 eggs
– 1 cup cheddar cheese
– 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
– 1/2 tsp garlic powder
– 1/4 tsp ginger powder
– 1 tbsp vegetables oil
– 1/2 cup plain flour
- Cut broccoli and carrot into small pieces and steam it for 10 minutes until soft.
- While waiting, finely cut up 3 mushrooms. In a bowl, whisk in eggs and set aside. Add flour, nutmeg, garlic and ginger powder in a separate bowl and mix well.
- In a bowl, add cooked broccoli, carrot, baby spinach and mushroom. Use a hand blender to finely blend up the vegetables.
- Add in eggs, cheese and oil, mix it well then add in flour ingredient and use a spatula to stir until it combined.
- Turn on sandwich press, pour the pancake batter onto it and cook for 2 minutes or until the surface is golden brown. Repeat until all batter are cooked, about 3 times.
- Slice and serve your pancakes warm.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
3 thoughts on “Vegetables pancake”