Sago pudding, a simple and delicious Asian dessert. This is one of my favourite desserts growing up! I was mean to write up the recipe of this dessert for ages but baby foods took over the priority 🥰 To celebrate Sunday and give myself a treat, I finally made this beauty earlier this morning!!!!!
This recipe is vegan friendly with dairy free. It is so easy to make and definitely an eye catching dessert to impress your guests! The most popular sago pudding is coconut with mango where you can find in most of the Asian restaurants. Today, I’m using mix fruits and a bit of jelly as the topping for this coconut sago pudding! Please look for vegan jelly otherwise any mix jelly packet will do. I’m using peach jelly flavour.
This desserts can make 6-7 small bowls/glasses of pudding. I have reserve a couple for breakfast tomorrow, why not 😋 For sago pudding, you need sago, canned coconut cream, water and sugar. You also need some extra coconut milk later. When you buy coconut milk, always look for GMO free organic coconut milk.
|Preparation Time: 20 minutes||Cooking Time: 10 minutes||Serving : 6-7|
A: Sago Pudding
– 1 cup sago, 250 ml
– 1 canned coconut cream, 400 ml
– 1 cup water 250 ml add more if it gets too sticky
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 2 cup (500 ml) coconut milk (about 1/4 cup/ 60 ml per serve)
|B : Mix fruits & Jelly|
– fresh fruits of your choice, cubed or sliced
– 1 packet of jello pudding
- In a pot, wash and soak sago in water for 10 minutes. Add coconut cream and turn on medium heat to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Constantly stir to avoid sago sticking to each others. Turn off heat, add sugar and stir until it well combined.
- Pour coconut pudding evenly into each bowl, then pour 60 ml (more of less depending on how thick or thin you like your pudding) of coconut milk on top of puddings.
- Distribute mix fruits and jelly on top of the coconut pudding. Store in the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- To make jelly, follow the packet instruction and pour into a small bowl and let it cool down for 10 minutes before transfer to refrigerator to set. This may take anywhere from 2-4 hours. You can make the jelly the night before.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
9 thoughts on “Vegan coconut sago pudding with fruits”
Great post 😁
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you 😊