Happy Friday! This vegan friendly Asian radish barley salad in perfect for an entree or a light lunch. With the Asian style dressing that’s fills with soy sauce, sesame oil and lemon juice with a hint of chilli, it will surely warm you up in this winter. You get the vitamins and nutrients all in one plate. A healthy and delicious recipe to pack for lunch at work or serve at home.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time : 45 minutes||Serve : 3-4|
– 1 cup barley, dry
– 2 red radish, thinly sliced
– 1 carrot, thinly sliced
– 10 cherry tomatoes, halfed
– 1 handful of baby spinach
– 1/4 cup fresh coriander, finely chopped
– 6-8 basil leaves (optional)
– 2 bird eyes chillies, sliced
– 1 tsp white sesame seed, toasted
– extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
– juice from 1 lemon
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp mirin
– 2 tbsp sesame oil
– 1 tsp sugar
– 2 tbsp water
- Cook barley according to packet instruction, this might take around 40-45 minutes. You can use a pressure cooker to shorten the cooking time.
- In a bowl, whisk in the sauce and set aside.
- Combined cooked barley, radish, carrot, tomatoes, spinach, coriander in a large bowl, pour dressing on top and toss to combined.
- Divide barley salad on each plate, top with basil leaves and fresh chilli. Sprinkle sesame seed, drizzle olive oil and serve!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!