This is the easiest meringue making method that we called it as French Meringue. This melt in your mouth meringue is crisp on the outer shells and chewy inside. It is light and tender and make by just 5 simple ingredients. What a delightful dessert that can be use in many bakeries decoration or simply eat by it own as a candy cookies.
What we need in French Meringue include:
- Egg whites
- Cream of tartar
- Vanilla extract
Above are 2 of my recent desserts that I made with French Meringue topping along with other fruits and cream.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 1 1/2 hours||Serve: 50 4cm OR 100 2cm|
– 3 egg whites
– 1/2 cup sugar
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
– 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– colouring if using
- Preheat oven 100 C. Line a baking tray with baking paper and set aside
- In a cake mixer, whip the eggs white on high speed until light and foamy.
- Slowing add in sugar, salt, cream of tartar and vanilla extract and beat until it reach stiff peaks foam.
- Transfer the meringue to a piping bag and pipes according to the size and shape as desired.
- Bake for 90 minutes, allow to cool completely before serve.
This meringue can keep for 3-4 weeks in an airtight container away from the sunlight.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!