Super moist and dense double chocolate chips muffins that‘s taste like bakery style! This ultimate muffins recipe with a deep-to-die for chocolate flavour is for you!
Muffins are always my all times favourite. It is one of the most convenient grab and go bakery that you can get from any local cafes when you need something quick yet delicious. As most of us are in lock down stage again, this is not always possible.
As a chocolate lover, chocolate muffin is always my top choice. I would look for chocolate flavour bakery before I go to the next option. A good chocolate muffin should be rich in chocolate, moist and dense but not overly sweet. You can taste the thick and rick chocolate at your first bite!
This muffin recipe ticks all the box, it is surely your next favourite chocolate muffin recipe. This recipe is also very simple to make and once you try it, you will never go back to your local cafe! Best time to bake and enjoy it at home with a cup of coffee during our second lock down. You can always freeze muffins and know they are good to last for 3 months. Make sure you have them store in a sealed bag or airtight container with individually wrapped.
Now try this recipe and stocked up these little handy live rescuer in your freezer so you know where they are when your sugar craving kicks in 😁 You can make 12-14 muffins with this recipe but I made half a dozen of muffins with a small cake and it is still work 😉 The baking time for muffins is approximately 25-30 minutes and the cake will need 35-40 minutes at 170C. The original recipe was adapted from Kickass Baker but I reduced the quantity of chocolate chips and replaced some with walnuts to add an extra crunchiness to the texture. Walnuts are also a healthy snack in overall!
|Preparation Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 30 minutes||Serve: 12-14 muffins or 6 muffins & a small cake (8)|
– 2 1/4 cup plain flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp baking powder
– 1 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup vegetable oil
– 1/2 cup cocoa powder
– 1/2 cup hot coffee
– 2 eggs, whisked
– 1 1/2 cup milk OR 1 cup milk + 1/2 cup plain yogurt or sour cream
– 1 tbsp vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup white chocolate chip
– 1/2 cup walnuts
- Preheat oven to 220C, line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder, set aside.
- In the cake mixer, add brown sugar and oil, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes or until resemble wet sand like.
- While the mixer is working, place cocoa powder with hot coffee in a small bowl and stir well.
- Add eggs, milk and vanilla into the mixer and continue on medium speed for another minute until it just combined. Add the cocoa paste into the mixer and stir to combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture with low speed into the mixer, scrap down the side of the mixer using a spatula if needed.
- Continue on low speed for another 1-2 minutes until it well incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts, keep a handful of each to sprinkle on the top.
- Fill the batter into the muffin tin and sprinkle the remaining chocolate chips and walnuts on top.
- Bake it on 220C for 5 minutes then reduce the heat to 170C and continue to bake for another 20-25 minutes or until toothpick comes out clear.
- Remove the muffin from the oven and let is rest at the cooling rack. Serve warm with extra walnuts and fresh strawberries. Enjoy!
For the small cake, I’m using a 22cm*9cm ring pan and bake it for 35 minutes, baking time vary according to your oven.
These muffin are best to consume it warm, reheat it in the microwave if you have them later!
You may also like my others cake recipes:
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!