No salt pea cake that is BLW friendly! A simple and healthy breakfast idea for you and your family!
A full flavour pea cake that is highly nutritious, perfect breakfast or afternoon tea for you and your family! Do you know pea is rich in essential vitamins like vitamin K, C and folate? Pea is also rich in antioxidant, manganese and fibre. The benefits of consume peas include boosting immunity, good source of iron, good for digestive, good for eye and heart etc.
How often do you consume peas and how do you incorporate peas in your meal? Have you ever thought of using peas in your cake? Let me show you this healthy and delicious pea cake recipe that give you a natural vibrant green in colour with a taste of freshness, soft and smooth in texture. This recipe is also baby friendly with salt free. The ingredients in this recipe include baby peas, eggs, grated cheese, flour, milk (I’m using baby formula) and olive oil.
While I made most of the sweet cakes these days for my family, my younger who just turned 9 months always missed out 😥 This is why I like to share this baby friendly pea cake recipe with you so your little one can also enjoy the same food as you do 😊
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 35 minutes||Serve: 8|
– 1 1/2 cup self raising flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– 4 eggs
– 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
– 1/4 milk
– 1 cup baby peas
– 1/3 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 180C, grease your cake pan.
- In your cake mixer, add eggs and beat on medium speed egg until egg is light and creamy in colour. about 3-4 minutes. Add oilve oil and milk, continue beat for 1 minute until mixture is combined.
- Add flour and baking powder to the mixture and beat on low medium speed for another minute until mixture is well incorporated. Scrap down the side and the bottom of the mixer using a spatula if needed.
- Add peas and cheese to the cake batter and use a spatula to stir well. Transfer batter into the cake pan and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, check the cake surface, if it starting too brown cover with foil and continue to bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down, serve while it warm.
Pea cake is freezer friendly, wrap it with a plastic wrap or store in a airtight container and it will stay fresh in the freezer for 2 months.
You may also like my others BLW recipes that are freezer friendly:
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!