This beautiful flower tart is surely your next recipe to make to show off to your house guests! Enjoy this with a glass of champagne… Santé!
I heard about Focaccia bread art and saw some of those beautiful creations on the web. My initial thought when I first it was wow this is amazing, what a beautiful piece of art! This surely need a lot of work and I might not have time for them……It then sit at the back of my mind until I came across at Carolinstrothe blog about this similar idea but using a puff pastry, a quick fast track version. 😉
Friday is usually a less busy day for me as my husband is working half day from home at the moment and my 3 years old is attending day care 😁 This is a perfect time for me to do something like this and our lunch sorted too.
This recipe only took 30 minutes for me to make 2 mozzarella flower tarts and it is actually quite simple. First of all, think of how you would like to place your vegetables on the pastry so you get a rough idea of the design and know what vegetables you are using. To make this tart, you need some frozen puff pastry sheets, mozzarealla cheese, sour cream, egg, bacon and some vegetables of your choice to create your own flower theme.
|Preparation Time: 15 minutes||Cooking Time: 15 minutes||Serve: 2|
– 2 frozen puff pastry sheets
– 100g mozzarella cheese
– 150g sour cream
– 1 egg
– pepper and salt
– 4-5 small tomatoes, halved
– 2 spring onions with roots, halfed
– 2 red habanero chillies OR mini capsicum
– 2-3 snowpeas, halfed
– 1-2 mushrooms, thinly sliced
– some leafy vegetables, I used silverbeet
– half small potato, cut thinly
– 2 bacon, cut in long strips then roll up
– 2 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 200C, place pastry sheet on top of a baking paper that is lay on the baking tray. Cut the edge around 1cm wide.
- In a small bowl, add sour cream, egg, salt and pepper and whisk to combined then set aside. Spread the mixture on the puff pastry.
- Prepared and cut all the vegetables.
- Cut the mozzarella into slice.
- Design and spread the vegetables as per your preference and place mozzarella over it.
- Brush vegetables with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
If you like the tart recipe, you may also want to take a look of Matcha Chocolate Tart.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!