10 minutes meal prep and let your oven do the rest!
Who doesn’t want to sit down and chill if someone is cooking a meal for you? Yes, this is me feeling lazy to cook today. Winter’s weather is always so miserable, wet and dull. It makes me feel like lying down on the couch do nothing but watch Korean drama.
Not in a mood to cook but still after something decent and delicious? You are going to love this recipe that’s only required 10 minutes prep time!!!!
This grilled lamb leg is a perfect dinner option. Hearty, meaty, yummy and full of protein pairing with some fresh vegetables. One lamb leg can easily feed a family of 4, perfect meal for meat lovers plus super fast to make. 😁
You will need a whole lamb leg, either with or without bone. I personally prefer lamb leg with bone as it add extra flavour to the meat. My lamb leg weighted 1.8kg so this took me close to 3 hours to cook in the oven. Just do the math by using a cooking ratio of every 700g for an hour under a slow cook method. The vegetables I’m using in this recipe is potato, carrot, orange with some onion and garlic. I served this grilled lamb along with some pickles radish and steam green beans, totally optional but I strongly recommend adding some extra vegetables as a side dish to balance out the meal.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 2 hours 40 minutes||Serve: 4|
– 1 lamb leg with bones, 1.8kg
– 3 large potatoes, chunk
– 2 large carrot, chunk
– 1 large onion, halved
– 10 gloves of garlic
– 1 orange, quarter with skin
– 2 cups water/broth
– salt and pepper
– 1 tsp rosemary
– olive oil to drizzle
- Preheat oven to 160C, prepare and cut all the vegetables, place them evenly on a baking tray.
- Generously rub salt on both side of the lamb, sprinkle with black pepper and rosemary. Use a sharp knife to score a cross on the lamb surface, tuck a glove of garlic in each cross and place lamb leg on top of the vegetables.
- Pour 2 cups of water or broth in the tray, drizzle olive oil all over the lamb and vegetables, cover with foil.
- Bake in oven at 160C under grill mode for 2 hours, remove foil and increase temperature to 180C and grill for another 40 minutes until surface is brown and lamb is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and let’s rest for 10 minutes before serve. Enjoy!
Looking for more dinner recipe?
- Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup
- Vegan Stir Fry Udon
- Garlic Prawns Stir Fry Flat Noodles
- 15 minutes Thai Basil Steaks
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!