Creamy farfalle pasta in silverbeet and mushroom sauce, quick and delicious week day meal that’s ready in 20 minutes
This meatless pasta recipe is a perfect healthy week day dinner option. An Italian bow ties shape pasta that’s being tossed in the creamy silverbeet and mushroom sauce. You get this hearty and delicious meal ready in just 20 minutes.
Silverbeet, a highly nutritious vegetable that is rich in vitamins such as A & K, magnesium and potassium. It usually cooked in soup or stew, or mix with other vegetables to make tart or pie. Mushroom on the other hand is relatively high in vitamin B and antioxidants. It helps to protect human body and reduce the risk of heart disease and cancer.
By combining these superfood into a meal, this recipe is purely for your health benefits. Not only that, this is also a salt free BLW friendly meal that is suitable for baby from 8 months onward.
|Preparation Time : 5 minutes||Cooking Time : 15 minutes||Serve : 4|
– 1 packet of 400g farfalle pasta
– 2 1/2 cup silverbeet leaves, finely chopped
– 1 cup fresh button mushrooms, finely chopped
– 1 onion, finely chopped
– 2 gloves garlic, minced
– 1 cup milk
– 1/4 cup mozarella cheese or cheddar cheese
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste * optional
– extra cheddar cheese to sprinkle
– chilli flakes (optional)
- In a saucepan, heat up water to boil. Add some salt and cook pasta according to packet, approx. 10 minutes for farfalle.
- While waiting for pasta to cook, cut all the vegetables.
- Heat up oil in a pan/wok, saute onion and garlic then add silverbeet and mushroom on high heat cook for 2 minutes.
- Pour milk into the wok and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes until vegetables are soft.
- Turn off heat, use a hand blender to blend the vegetables until fine and smooth. Stir in cheese.
- Transfer cooked farfalle into the work and mix well.
- Transfer pasta to a serving plate, sprinkle with chilli flakes and cheese. Serve warm and enjoy!
More pasta recipes:
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!