No waste sourdough starter crumpets recipe, quick and healthy breakfast in 15 minutes
I believed many of you have started to make your own sourdough starter at home during this pandemic period. Did you discard the extra starter and feeling guilty about the food waste? From now on, save the unfed starter to reuse it in your breakfast recipe!
This vegan matcha sourdough crumpets is your fast and simple breakfast solution as it take no longer than 10 minutes to make. If you want a fancy crumpets with extra topping may be another 5 minutes. This 15 minutes breakfast recipe is healthy and delicious!
Let’s look at what ingredients you need to make the crumpets:
- unfed sourdough starter
- matcha powder
- baking soda
Ganache and topping
- white chocolate
- plant based milk
- goji berries
- coconut flakes
- fresh fruits of your choice
|Preparation Time : 5 minutes||Cooking Time : 8 minutes||Serve : 4 crumpets|
– 1 cup sourdough starter
– 1 tsp sugar
– pinch of salt
– 1/2 tsp matcha powder
– 1/4 tsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp oil for greasing
– 50g white chocolate melt
– 1 tbsp milk of your choice
– goji berries
– coconut flakes
– fresh strawberries and blueberries
- In a bowl, mix all batter ingredients and stir well.
- Lightly grease your pan, turn on heat and scoop 1/4 of batter into the pan. Make 4 crumpets. If you have a crumpet mold or ring, use that to make the perfect round crumpet.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low medium heat until you see bubbles on surface, flip to the next side and cook for another 2 minutes until golden brown.
- To make chocolate ganache, melt white chocolate and milk in a saucepan or microwave for 45 seconds to 1 minutes. Stir well until fully dissolve.
- Drizzle ganache on crumpets, top with goji berries, coconut flakes and pistachio. Serve along with some fresh berries. Enjoy!
Looking for more vegan friendly recipes:
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!