These stuffed mini capsicums are a great addition in any party. Mini capsicums stuffed with spiced pumpkin and rice and bake in the oven with melty cheese, so good!
Whether it is for hosting a party and simply enjoy it at home as a healthy finger food, these mini stuffed capsicums are simply delicious and a perfect nibbles option to serve the crowd. Capsicums are rich in Vitamin A and C. They are good for eyesight, support immune system, cure iron deficiency etc. The red, yellow and orange capsicums are usually sweeter with fruity taste.
Mini capsicums normally come in a pack that you can find them at your local supermarket. They are sweet and crunchy, I like having them in my salad or dip with cream cheese. They are also perfect in stir fry and goes well with others vegetables, meat, noodles and rice etc.
These vegan mini capsicums are stuffed with spice pumpkin and rice then bake in oven with melty cheese. The dipping sauce that’s pair along with the capsicums is lemon soy sauce which give a a hint of citrus and sweetness from the lemon and soy sauce. This appetiser is so yummy that you just keep going for one after another.
What you need to make the stuffed capsicums:
- mini capsicums
- cooked rice
- cheese of your choice
- soy sauce
- extra virgin olive oil
- sesame seed
|Preparation Time : 10 minutes||Cooking Time : 25 minutes||Serve : 10 mini capsicums|
– 250g mini capsicums, about 10, halved
– 1 cup pumpkin, finely chopped
– 1/2 cup cooked steam rice
– 1 small onion, finely chopped
– 1/3 cup melting cheese of your choice, I’m using mozzarella. You can opt for vegan cheese that is vegan friendly
– 2 tbsp water
– 1/4 tsp coriander powder
– 1/4 tsp cumin powder
– 1/8 tsp ginger powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 1 tbsp olive oil + extra to drizzle
– 1/2 lemon juice
– 2 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tsp sugar
– 2 tbsp water
– 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– white sesame seed, toasted
– chopped coriander
- Preheat oven to 200C, line baking paper on your baking tray.
- In a small bowl, add coriander, cumin, ginger powder and salt, then add water and stir well.
- Heat up oil in pan, saute onion for a minute until slightly brown then add pumpkin and stir well. Add in spices, stir and cover with lid on low heat for 2 minutes until pumpkin is soften. Add extra water if needed. Stir in rice and mix well. Transfer mixture to a plate to cool slightly.
- Fill pumpkin mixture into the mini capsicums and place them on the baking tray. Top each of them with cheese and drizzle olive oil all over.
- Transfer to oven to bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese are golden brown and capsicums are soft.
- Meantime, prepare the sauce. In a small bowl, add the sauce ingredients and whisk well.
- Once capsicums are cooked, transfer them to a serving plate. Sprinkle with sesame seed and coriander. Serve along with the dipping sauce and enjoy it warm!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!