“This one-pot braised lamb shanks is your perfect winter meal! Fall-off-the-bone lamb shanks braised in red wine and rosemary with creamy tomato sauce”
This luxurious braised lamb shanks with red wine and rosemary is no longer a dine in dish that you ordered at the restaurant!. Turn your private home dining into your favourite restaurant with this beautiful and comforting meal this Winter.
Lamb is always one of my favourite winter food. It is juicy, delicious and have a delicate flavour. Lamb Shanks are a popular part of lamb and are usually cook with slow cook or instant pot methods. This part of meat contains a lot of collagen which give you a soft and melt-in-your-mouth texture after cooked.
This one pot meal recipe is rich in flavour and easy to prepare. It takes less than 2 hours to transform the lamb into a hearty dinner for your entire family using your pressure cooker. If you choose to cook use a slow cooker, it will take around 4 hours for the whole process. The final 10 minutes simmering process to thicken the sauce is very important to bring the sauce into a thick and glossy gravy. You can either serve the lamb with rice or mash potatoes. This fall-off-the-bone lamb shanks recipe will be your next favourite winter meal!
Looking for a different type of lamb recipe? Try Slow Cook Grilled Lamb Leg.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
One pot braised lamb shanks with fall-of-the-bone texture, super juicy and soft. This is the best instant pot lamb recipe for your winter meal!
Braised lamb shanks with instant pot
|Prep time: 15 minutes||cooking time: 90 minutes||serve: 4|
– 4 Lamb Shanks
– 1 large onion, finely chopped
– 5 gloves whole garlic
– 2 large carrots, sliced
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– pinch of salt and pepper
– 1/4 cup flour
– 400g tomato passata, tomoto puree
– 2 tbsp tomato sauce
– 2 cup stock/ water
– 1 cup red wine, I’m using Merlot
– 2-3 stick of fresh rosemary
– 3 bay leaves
– extra salt and pepper to taste
– mashed potatoes or rice for serving
– Wash lamb shanks and dry it with paper towel.
– In your multi cooker, set function under sear meat, add olive oil and sear lamb shanks until brown. This will take around 10 minutes for 4 lamb shanks.
– Transfer lamb to a plate and set aside.
– Add onion, carrot and garlic to the cooker, saute for 2-3 minutes until vegetables are slightly brown and fragrance.
– Add lamb shanks back into the cooker, season with salt and pepper. Add flour and toss well, cook for 4-5 minutes to brown the flour.
– Add remaining ingredients and cover the lid. Set cooker under pressure cooker setting and cook for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to release naturally for around 10 minutes. Open the valve and allow the remaining steam to escape. Keep warm until ready to serve.
– Before serve, transfer lamb shanks to a plate and cover with foil. Pour the sauce into a pot and simmer under medium heat for 10 minutes or until sauce reduced to a satisfying amount and achieved the thickness you want.
– Place lamb shanks back into the pot to reheat for one minute. Add extra salt and pepper if desired. Turn off heat and serve warm with mash potatoes or rice. Enjoy!