These sweet, fluffy and buttery sourdough pancakes are your perfect breakfast meal using discard sourdough starter.
Here comes the weekend and are you looking for another pancake recipe for your Sunday’s Pancake day? These sourdough pancakes with caramelised pears and bananas are the most tastiest pancakes ever. They are super fluffy and pack with flavours made with discard sourdough starter. A great way to use up some of your excess starter.
This one bowl pancakes recipe is easy to make, prepare the batter the night before and you get to enjoy the most light and airy pancakes complemented by the caramel pears and bananas drizzled with honey or maple syrup. Sourdough pancakes are healthier as they are more digestible and higher in nutrients no to say they taste absolutely awesome! A perfect breakfast to enjoy with your love one on a Sunday morning!
This sourdough pancakes recipe was adapted from King Arthur Baking.
Looking for another sourdough recipe? Check out VEGAN MATCHA SOURDOUGH CRUMPETS.
LET’S LOOK AT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SOURDOUGH PANCAKES WITH CARAMELISED PEARS AND BANANAS!
- Plain flour
- Unfed sourdough starter
- Overnight sponge
- Vegetable oil
- Baking Soda
CARAMEL PEARS AND BANANAS
- Honey/Maple syrup
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
MY LATEST VIDEO
These delightful sourdough pancakes with caramelised pears and bananas are perfect for breakfast or brunch. Make the batter the night ahead to enjoy the fluffier and flavourful pancakes the next morning!
SOURDOUGH PANCAKES WITH CARAMELISED PEARS AND BANANAS
|Prep time: 30 minutes||cooking time: 30 minutes||serve: 17-20 PANCAKES|
– 2 cups plain flour
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 2 cup milk
– 1 cup unfed sourdough starter OR yogurt
– All of the overnight sponge
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 tsp baking soda
|PEARS AND BANANAS CARAMEL|
– 2 bananas, sliced
– 2 pears, thinly sliced
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– extra honey/maple syrup to thicken the syrup if desired
|To make pancakes|
– To make the overnight sponge, stir down your unfed starter and remove 1 cup.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine starter, flour, sugar and milk.
– Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight or at least 12 hours.
– In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Add to the overnight sponge. Add baking soda and stir to combine.
– Heat up pan, pour batter and cook for 1-2 minutes. When you see bubbles on the surface, flip the pancakes and continue cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you cooked all the pancakes.
To make the caramelised pears and bananas:
– Heat up a small saucepan, add sugar and place pears and bananas on top. Let’s cook until bottom begin to caramelise and brown. Swirl the pan abit to slide the fruits around, slowly add the water and reduce heat and let it cook until pears and bananas are soften and sauce are thicken. Add honey/maple syrup to the sauce and stir well and you get the desired thickness.
– Serve the pancakes filled with pears and bananas, add extra blueberries and nuts of your choice if desired. Drizzled with the sauce. Enjoy!