Make this beautiful Sourdough Matcha Swirl Bread like no other while staying at home! Fresh homemade bread is always the best without hidden ingredients, the best part is you get to taste them straight from the oven, can’t complain!
This sourdough matcha swirl bread using natural fermentation is simply beautiful. The bread is very soft and fluffy, flavourful and well presented with stunning swirl. This recipe is yeast free using active sourdough starter so it takes longer than normal yeast bread for the making process. There are no complicated or extra steps to make this beautiful bread but mainly longer proofing time. Trust me, it worth the wait!
Remember I mentioned choosing the right matcha powder is very important to make a good quality bakery in my Crispy Matcha Cream Puffs post?Ceremonial grade matcha that has been stone ground is the best one to go for, however if you couldn’t find this highest grade matcha, look for a better quality matcha that still gives you the vibrant green colour.
This sourdough milk bread recipe with stunning matcha swirl make a lovely loaf of sliceable bread with a soft and tender crumb. Unlike the traditional sourdough bread with open crumb, this airy and fluffy sourdough milk bread is smooth with a feathery soft texture without leavened holes.
This sourdough matcha swirl bread was adapted from Freemalaysiatoday.
Looking for another swirl bread recipe? Check out Matcha Braided Bread.
LET’S LOOK AT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SOURDOUGH MATCHA SWIRL BREAD!
- Bread flour
- Levain (100% hydration)
- Matcha powder
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
This delightful sourdough matcha swirl bread is perfect for breakfast or afternoon tea. This sourdough recipe is easy without complicated steps, a little wait time but definitely worth it when you see the wonderful result!
SOURDOUGH MATCHA SWIRL BREAD
|Prep time: 30 minutes||cooking time: 40 minutes||serve: 1 Loaf/10 slices|
– 2 1/8 cup, 260g bread flour
– 1 large egg
– 30ml, 25g sugar
– 100g milk
– 1 tsp salt
– 150g levain (100% hyration)
– 25g soften butter
– 1 tsp matcha powder
|– Combine flour, egg, sugar, 80g milk and salt in a bread mixer. Beat on high speed for approx. 5 minutes until it form a dough.|
– Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes. If the weather is warm, store it in the refrigerator.
– Add levain in the mixture, beat until mixture is well combined. It should form into a dough ball.
– Add butter and beat for another 5 minutes until dough is smooth, shiny and elastic.
– Perform a windowpane test. If the dough stretches without breaking into a thin surface that you can see through, it is good to go.
– Place dough on a well flour surface. Divide the dough into 2 equal portions. Place one dough back into the bread mixer with the remaining 20g of milk and matcha powder. Beat until it well combined. Roll another dough to a ball.
– Transfer the doughs into 2 separate greased bowls and cover with plastic wrap.
– Proof the dough until it has doubled in size. Keep it at room temperature (28-30°C) for three to three and a half hours.
– Use a rolling pin to roll out both dough into a rectangle.
– Place the matcha dough on top of the plain dough and roll it up into a log.
– Place the dough into a greased Pullman tin/loaf pan. Cover with plastic wrap and let it rest for 5 hours or overnight (if overnight, store it in the refrigerator) until it doubled in size.
– Brush the dough with an egg wash. Bake it in the preheated oven at 180°C for 35 to 40 minutes.
– Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down. Slice and enjoy!