Vegan beet pasta that made in 15 minutes! This easy and quick homemade tortiglioni recipe tossed in creamy beet sauce is perfect for lunch or dinner. It is also great for baby lead weaning and toddlers!
If you are looking for a quick and healthy meal that is ready in 15 minutes, you might want to look at this vegan beet tortiglioni pasta recipe! Meatless tortiglioni that tossed in creamy beet sauce and topped with crunchy walnuts and Parmesan cheese. It is surely your week night healthy quick meal option.
Beetroot is highly nutritious, a great source of fiber, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. It tastes earthy with a hint of sweetness. Beets are great in roast, pan fry, pickles or eat it raw as salad.
Raw beets however does take a little longer to cook. But you can always opt for cooked beetroots from your local supermarket that comes in a punnet or even canned package. In this recipe, I’m using cooked beets that I purchased from Woolworths supermarket.
LET’S LOOK AT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS 15 MINUTES VEGAN BEET PASTA
- Tortiglioni pasta
- Cooked beetroots
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Parmesan cheese
OTHER PASTA RECIPE YOU MAY LIKE
- 15 Minutes Vegan Tomato Curls Pasta
- Silverbeet and Mushroom Farfalle Pasta
- Stir Fry Pork and Vegetables with Fusilli
- Stir Fry Black Pepper Lab with Penne
This easiest healthy pasta recipe is meatless, suitable for vegan, baby lead weaning and toddler! You get this beautiful vibrant red bowl of pasta from the creamy beets sauce, topped with crunchy walnuts and extra Parmesan. Best to have it on a busy evening as it take no longer than 15 minutes to prepare.
15 MINUTES VEGAN BEET TORTIGLIONI PASTA
|Prep time: 5 minutes||cooking time: 10 minutes||serve: 4|
– 500g Tortiglioni Pasta
– 2 glove of garlic
– 500g cooked beetroot, cubed
– 2 tbsp olive oil
– 1/2 lemon juice
– 1/4 -1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup walnuts
– salt and pepper to taste
|– Bring up salted water in saucepan to boil, cook pasta according to packer, approx. 10 minutes|
– Meantime, place cubed beets, garlic and olive oil in a blender, blend until smooth and become thick sauce.
– Transfer sauce into a pan on low heat, add lemon juice with 1/2 cup of pasta water and simmer for 2 minutes.
– Transfer cooked pasta into the pan and toss well. Sprinkle with Parmeson cheese and top with walnuts. Add salt and pepper if desired. Serve hot and enjoy!