Super cute cat shaped cream buns made with sourdough starter. These lightly sweetened dessert fill with luscious fresh cream are perfect for kid’s party or a birthday celebration!
I love trying out new bread recipe using my sourdough starter. A natural yeast that is cultivated by flour and water.
Cream bun, a lightly sweetened yeast dough fills with whipped cream and dusted in powdered sugar. What about sourdough bun? Oh yes!!! Sourdough buns give the bread a slight crust on the outside and little chewiness from the inside. The combination of these two make a perfect and delicious sourdough cream buns!!!!
I finally got my second batch of active starter since my last one scarified. So today I’m making Cat Shaped Sourdough Chocolate Cream Buns after watching some cat cartoon with my son! These mini cat buns will catch the eyes of your little audience. Not to say they taste wonderfully delicious.
There is no need to add any yeast to this recipe. These sourdough chocolate cream buns are incredibly simple. Similar to the yeast dough, it required 2 rise for this recipe. If you have an active starter in hand, you can try this sourdough chocolate cream buns.
Check out SOUROUGH MATCHA SWIRL BREAD that’s using natural yeast in bread making.
LET’S LOOK AT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE CAT SHAPED SOURDOUGH CHOCOLATE CREAM BUNS
- Bread Flour
- Cocoa powder
- Levain (100% hydration)
- Soften butter
For cream filling
- Whipped cream
- Icing Sugar
- Strawberry for decoration
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
These adorable Cat Shaped Sourdough Chocolate Cream Buns are great for kid party of any kind. It made using active sourdough starter with natural fermentation. Impress your beloved little one with this cute and delicious recipe!
CAT SHAPED SOURDOUGH CHOCOLATE CREAM BUNS
|Prep time: 30 minutes||cooking time: 15 minutes|
tOTAL tIME: 8 HOURS 45 MINUTES
– 2 1/8 cup, 260g bread flour
– 1 large egg
– 30ml, 25g sugar
– 100g milk
– 1 tsp salt
– 2 tbsp cocoa powder
– 150g levain (100% hyration)
– 25g soften butter
– 300 ml heavy whipped cream
– 2 tbsp icing sugar
– strawberry for decoration
|– Combine flour, egg, sugar, milk, salt and cocoa powder in a bread mixer. Beat on high speed for approx. 5 minutes until it form a dough.|
– Wrap the dough with plastic wrap and let it rest for 30 minutes.
– Add levain in the mixture, beat until mixture is well combined. It should form into a dough ball.
– Add butter and beat for another 5 minutes until dough is smooth, shiny and elastic.
– Perform a windowpane test. If the dough stretches without breaking into a thin surface that you can see through, it is good to go.
– Transfer the dough into a greased bowls and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest until doubled in size. Around 4 hours under my scenario, it vary according to your room temperature.
– Place the dough on a lightly flour surface, press down the bubbles and divide the dough into 6 portions. Shape into 6 balls and cover with plastic wrap. Let it rest for another 4 hours on the counter top or if overnight in the refrigerator.
– Preheat oven to 180C, rest the dough at room temperature for 30 minutes before bake.
– Bake in the oven for 15- 18 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack to cool down completely.
– Make the cream for the meantime, beat heavy cream and sugar in a mixer until stiff peaks. Transfer cream to a piping bag. Place it in the refrigerator until ready to use.
– Slice down each bun from the top down the centre. Pipe in whipped cream. Use a scraper to scrap down the cream and wipe off excess cream. Transfer the remaining cream to a new piping bag with a smaller piping tip and draw cat face on the bun as per below picture. Slice strawberry in triangle and invert it into the cream to make the ear. Enjoy on the same day!