Strawberry Nutella Tartlets are a perfect Spring dessert. A sweet pastry crust fills with creamy Nutella chocolate and topped with fresh juicy strawberries and crunchy pistachio. Easy and delectable decadent dessert recipe to enjoy!
I’ve been using a lot of strawberries in my breakfast and desserts. They are a great pair for many foods and also available all seasons here in Australia.
Strawberries are in mass production recent years due to it rising consumption. They are best in price and value moving towards Spring and Summer. This means you get them at a bargain price from now on until late in February. How good is that? The best time to make full use of these gorgeous fruits that are not only sweet and juicy but also highly nutritious.
Strawberries are an excellent source of Vitamin C, magnesium, folate and potassium. They are also high in antioxidants which are great for human health.
What’s best pair with strawberry out of all? Chocolate of course!!! Rich and creamy Nutella chocolate is always my favourite. You can use it as a dip, a spread on your toast or incorporate them in your desserts. So luxurious and delicious!
Okay, now ask me what is my top choice of a quick, easy and delicious indulgence dessert with Strawberry and Nutella?
Strawberry Nutella Tartlets! These mini tarts are not only pretty in look but also luscious in flavour. Rich Nutella chocolate ganache fills in a crusty tart base then topped over a layer of juicy sliced strawberries with some crunchy pistachio! This delectable decadent dessert is perfect for any occasion!
WHAT ARE TARTLETS?
Tartlets are a mini version of a tart. A type of baked pastry consists of filling left open on top. The pastry is usually a shortcrust pastry and the fillings can either be sweet or savoury. The most popular tarts are fruits based with custard filling.
CAN’T WAIT TO TRY?
Let’s check out the ingredients we need and how to make these delicious Strawberry Nutella Tartlets in simple steps.
- All purpose flour
- Almond flour
- Icing sugar
- Unsalted butter
- Milk of any kind
- Vanilla Extract
To make the pastry crust, combine all the ingredients in a food processor and pulse them until they come together and form into a dough ball. Press dough firmly into the bottom and up the sides of your tart pan. Use a fork to poke holes all over the dough. Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown. Transfer from the oven and let’s cool completely.
The filling is a combination of cornflour, milk and Nutella with a pinch of salt. Whisk cornflour and milk in a saucepan until mixture is combined with no lump. Add Nutella and salt, turn on medium heat. Whisk to combine all ingredients and bring to boil until mixture is thicken. Pour equal amount of filling into each tart and spread them smooth. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
Before serve, top with fresh sliced strawberries and pistachio.
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
STRAWBERRY NUTELLA TARTLETS
|Prep time: 30 minutes|
TOTAL TIME: 3 HOURS 50 MINUTES
|cooking time: 20 minutes||serve: 4|
– 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
– 1/4 cup almond meal
– 1/4 cup icing sugar
– 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp cold unsalted butter
– 1/2 tbsp milk
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– pinch of salt
– 1 tbsp cornflour
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1/4 cup Nutella
– pinch of salt
– fresh strawberries, sliced
– pistachio, chopped
– Preheat oven to 180°C, grease tarts pan.
– Combine crust ingredients in a mixer or food processor, mix until mixture form in a dough ball.
– Divide into 4 equal portions and take one of the mixture and firmly press down with your hands, from the bottom and up the sides of your pan. You want it extremely tight in the pan. Repeat until you have 4 tarts crust.
– Lightly prick the dough on the bottom using a fork to prevent the dough from puffy up while baking,
– Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes until golden brown. Transfer to a cooling rack to cool down completely.
– In a small saucepan, add cornflour and milk. Whisk well until flour is dissolve with no lump. Turn on medium heat, add Nutella and salt and bring to boil. Whisk constantly for 2-3 minutes until mixture is thicken.
– Remove from the heat, pour mixture evenly into tart pan. Chill in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours or until set.
– Before serve, add sliced strawberries and pistachio. Enjoy!