Simple and quick 20 minutes vegan stir fry Udon that pack with full flavour. A perfect recipe for your next dinner!
This vegan stir fry udon is simple, tasty and packed with full flavour. If you are looking for a meal that are healthy, delicious and fast to make in this stormy evening, this is the one! A quick 20 minutes dinner meal that is ready in no time!
Udon is a type of thick Japanese noodles that are made with wheat flour. It is soft and light in texture and easy to digest, suitable for young children to consume. You can either serve udon in a hot soup or stir fry with meats and vegetables.
Udon is one of my favourite noodles that I made at home for the children, often was upon request 😀. It is fast to made as you don’t need to cook through udon, simply soak it in the hot water for a couple of minutes while you prepare your vegetables and the sauce. Remember to look for the vacuumed pack soft udon for this faster soaking method otherwise cook the dry udon as per packet instruction.
|Preparation Time: 10 minutes||Cooking Time: 10 minutes||Serve: 4|
– 4 packet of vacuumed pack udon, 800g
– 1 onion, sliced
– 3 glove of garlic, finely chopped
– 1 tbsp ginger, thinly sliced
– 5 medium dried shiitake mushroom, soaked in hot water, thinly sliced (or any fresh mushrooms)
– 1 capsicum, thinly sliced (I’m using half yellow and half red)
– 2 cup wombok, sliced
– 1 carrot, thinly sliced
– 1 broccoli stalk, thinly sliced
– 1 cup cauliflower florets
– 3 tbsp soy sauce
– 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
– 2 tbsp tomato sauce
– 2 tbsp Mirin
– 2 tbsp sesame oil
– salt and pepper to taste (optional)
- In a big bowl fill with boiled water, add and soak udon in the hot water and cover with lid for 1-2 minute. Use a chopstick to loosen the udon and strain straightaway.
- In a small bowl, whisk in all the sauce and set aside.
- Prepared and cut all your vegetables.
- In a hot wok add oil, saute onion, garlic and ginger for 30 seconds, then add mushroom and all other vegetables and stir fry for 2 minutes until vegetables are slightly soften
- Push vegetables to aside. Add udon and sauce then mix everything together for another 2 minutes. Serve warm and enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤ if you have an Instagram account. I love seeing your creations!