These delicious and easy to make pancakes using discard sourdough starter drizzled over sweet orange syrup are the taste of heaven! Light, fluffy and flavourful citrus pancakes with a pleasant sweet aroma from the orange peel, your all time perfect comfort breakfast!
A delicious and easy to make sourdough pancakes made by using unfed sourdough starter. These orange pancakes are so light and fluffy, with a pleasant sweet aroma from the citrus orange. A great weekend breakfast to start your day and use up your discard starter, this recipe will be loved by your family!
Remember I shared a few sourdough recipes with you guys and last week we tried SOURDOUGH PANCAKES WITH CARAMELISED PEARS AND BANANAS using KING ARTHUR BAKING RECIPE? My family loved it so much and request for another pancake day this weekend. Today, we are trying orange flavour pancakes using the same pancake recipe drizzled with sweet orange syrup. I love to use the same recipe that I found wonderful and delicious in taste! Why not?
This pancake recipe is so easy to make, an overnight sponge made with flour, sugar, water and unfed sourdough starter is the key to create the softest and fluffiest pancakes. This can be easily prepare the night before!
No sourdough starter but still like to try these fluffy pancakes? Just replace the starter with yogurt and leave it overnight and you will get these wonderful delicious pancakes with an airy texture.
LET’S LOOK AT WHAT YOU NEED TO MAKE THIS SOURDOUGH ORANGE PANCAKES WITH SWEET ORANGE GLAZE!
- Plain flour
- Unfed sourdough starter/ yogurt
- Overnight sponge
- Vegetable oil
- Baking soda
- Orange peel
- Orange peel
Thanks for stopping by!
Did you make this recipe? I’d love to hear how it went in the comments below. Snap a photo and tag @dreamtocookblog with #dreamtocook❤. I love seeing your creations!
MADE THIS RECIPE AND LOVE IT?
If you enjoyed this recipe, please share it with your friends and family or on social media! Thank you so much for visiting my blog 😊
These delicious and flavourful Sourdough Orange Pancakes are your perfect breakfast option! This pancake recipe is made using discard sourdough starter, to create the most light and fluffy pancakes drizzled over sweet and silky orange peel syrup. You must try it!
SOURDOUGH ORANGE PANCAKES
|Prep time: 30 minutes||cooking time: 30 minutes||serve: 17-20 PANCAKES|
– 2 cups plain flour
– 2 tbsp sugar
– 2 cup milk
– 1 cup unfed sourdough starter OR yogurt
– All of the overnight sponge
– 2 eggs
– 1/4 cup vegetable oil
– 1 tsp baking soda
– 1 tbsp orange peel
– 2 oranges, peeled in slice
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1/4 cup water
– 1 tsp orange peel
– extra orange slice
– silver cachous pearls (optional)
|To make pancakes|
– To make the overnight sponge, stir down your unfed starter and remove 1 cup.
– In a large mixing bowl, combine starter, flour, sugar and milk.
– Cover and let sit in the refrigerator overnight or at least 12 hours.
– In a small bowl, whisk eggs and oil. Add to the overnight sponge. Add baking soda and orange peel stir to combine.
– Heat up pan, pour batter and cook for 1-2 minutes. When you see bubbles on the surface, flip the pancakes and continue cook for another 1-2 minutes. Repeat until you cooked all the pancakes.
To make the orange syrup
– Whisk water and sugar in a saucepan with low heat, add oranges and orange peel, simmer for 5 minutes or until sauce is thicken.
– Serve pancakes with cooked oranges and syrup, top with extra fresh oranges. Enjoy!